We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, and enthusiastic individual, with drive, passion and desire with a proven
track record within buying who is wishing to develop their career with new challenges.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the purchasing of a number of fast moving book categories.
• Work with the Buying Director and Senior Buying Manager to source and develop successful ranges
• Negotiate hard for every penny to ensure all margin targets are hit or exceeded
• Work with the Stock Control team to ensure excellent availability on lines stocked whilst maintaining a regular stock turn.
• Control spend in line with budgets or day to day supplier/ ad hoc product performance
• Identify key drivers of sales within market along with any planned promotional or media activity
• Skilled pricing of product to maximise business profitability
• Total commercial and competitor awareness.
• Attend and contribute to regular buying and supplier meetings
• Attend all Industry Trade Shows that are relevant to the role
Qualities and Experience
• Excellent organisational skills
• Flexible, with the ability to multi task
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and also on own initiative
• Competent in the use of MS Office including Excel
• Ability to learn and use in-house computer packages
• Adapt to working hours which will include some weekends as required
Hours: 9:00am - 5.30pm | Monday - Friday
Holiday: 20 Days paid holiday per annum
Salary: Subject to experience
We are currently offering the opportunity to join our evening shift within the warehouse on a permanent basis.
This is open to existing members of the warehouse team, as well as external applicants.
Hours are 2pm - 10pm - Monday to Friday inclusive.
Applicants must be available to start 3rd July.
If you would like to apply, please contact the Personnel Department.
Gardners Books Ltd,
1 Whittle Drive,
East Sussex BN23 6QH