Due to huge demand, bookings are now closed for this year’s annual Gardners Trade Show on Sunday 8th September, at Aston University in Birmingham.
This is a great opportunity for you to meet publishers and the Gardners team. As in previous years, this show will also be the launch of the 12 Weeks of Christmas promotion.
Gardners are also pleased to be sponsoring the BA conference that will be held at the same venue both after the show and the following day.
Find out more about the show below.
Guest Author: Holly Bourne
Holly will be joining us for a short talk and signing during this year's show.
Holly Bourne is a journalist and multi-award winning author, including the first book in the Spinster Club series, Am I Normal Yet?, which was shortlisted for the YA Book Prize and chosen as a World Book Night book for 2016. The Spinster Club series has also inspired the formation of Spinster Clubs across the UK and Ireland. Holly’s books are inspired by her work at an advice charity for young people, her own experiences of everyday sexism, and her passion for getting everyone talking about the importance of mental health
Holly will also be signing copies of her fantastic new YA novel The Places I've Cried in Public during the show.
Guest Author: Pamela Butchart
Popular children's author Pamela Butchart is joining our stellar line-up
As a child, Pamela was lucky enough to grow up in a house full of pets and go to a primary school where lots of weird and spooky things happened (well, in her imagination at least). As a student, Pamela’s student jobs included: fishwife, teaching basketball in America, phlebotomist and Artist Liaison for a (really bad) Abba tribute band. Now, when she’s not writing or going out and about meeting readers, Pamela teaches philosophy to teenagers and spends all day pondering questions such as, ‘Is time travel possible?’ and ‘How do I know I’m not really a robot?’
The Gardners Trade Show 2019 is now full
Our 2019 show is now full. If you would like to add your details to our waiting list, we will get in touch if any spaces arise.
This year's venue is Aston University in Birmingham: How to find us
This year we are at Aston University in the centre of Birmingham, it is a great location with really good transport links.
Travelling by car
We have electric car charging points outside both of the conference centres and hotel!
From M6 North and South
1. Exit at Junction 6 for A38(M) following signs for “Birmingham (Cen)”.
2. Take lane 2 of the A38(M) for 2 miles, following signs for “City Centre”.
3. Exit left off the A38(M) immediately after the overhead “End of Motorway” sign, before the flyover. Keep left and follow signs for “Aston University”.
4. Please use the following maps to the appropriate car park.
From M42, East Midlands and Birmingham Airport
Leave the M42 at Junction 7(A), following signs for “M6 (N) Birmingham
(Central & N)” join the M6 (N). Follow the directions from M6 above.
From M5 South-West and City Centre
1. Leave the M5 at Junction 3, signposted “A456” towards Birmingham.
Follow the A456 for about 5 miles towards the “City Centre”.
2. As you approach the City Centre, the road broadens to three lanes. Take the right hand lane following signs for “Convention and Broad Street”. Take the under pass onto Broad Street and continue straight on.
3. At the roundabout merge right and then stay in the left lane, take the 1st exit onto Great Charles Street Queensway, following signs for “A38(M), M6” and “Thinktank at Millennium Point”.
4. Keep in the right hand lane and after the traffic lights, merge right to take the underpass, signed “M6, M42, M5” and “A38”.
5. After the underpass, exit left immediately before the flyover, signposted “Aston University”, then stay in the right hand lane.
6. At the Lancaster Circus round-about take the 3rd exit off signposted “Aston University”. Use the following map to the appropriate car park.
From M40 Oxford
Take M40 north and join the M42 westbound towards the M5. Travel north on the M5, leaving at junction 3 and follow directions from M5 South-West above.
From M1 and The South
Take M1 north and exit at Junction 19 to join the M6 towards Birmingham. Follow the directions above from the M6.
From South Birmingham (Moseley, A45, A34)
Join the A4540 heading North. When Birmingham Science Park is on your left, take the left turn at the traffic lights onto Lister Street, continuing onto Woodcock Street. Use the following map to the appropriate car park.
Travelling by Rail
New Street, Snow Hill and Moor Street train stations are all within 20 minutes walk of the venue or a 5 minute taxi journey. Please visit
www.thetrainline.com for details and tickets.
On foot from the stations: We have developed interactive Google
walking maps from New Street and Snow Hill train stations, available for download from www.conferenceaston.co.uk
A number of bus services operate to the University campus throughout the day. For further information, please visit www.nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands where a route planner to the Aston University campus is available
Taxi drop off points:
All of the venues have taxi drop off points. Be sure to say to your driver that they should go to the Aston University campus. The central drop off point is a 2 minute walk to the conference centres and hotel..
Birmingham Airport (BHX)
The venues are a mere 9 miles from Birmingham Airport and a taxi journey should take approximately 20-30 minutes dependent on traffic. There are also trains from Birmingham International station to Birmingham New Street (approximately 5-10 minutes journey time) then follow the directions above for taxi journeys or walking to the venues.
• The general postcode for the campus is B4 7ET
• The postcode for the unloading point is B4 7ET
• The postcode for the Millennium Point car par is B4 7AP
PLEASE NOTE: that many GPS systems will not show that Aston Street is closed to through traffic so access to Aston Street should be from Woodcock Street only and not from the James Watt Queensway.
Venue & Registration:
You need to head for Conference Aston, this is just across the path from the Aston business school, and the conference centre hotel.
You will be greeted by members of the Gardners team at the door who can help direct you to the exhibition venue.